Collections Amalyst Job Description
The Collections Analyst position is accountable for collecting outstanding balances owed for customers. This position is heavily involved in dispute resolution and interacts with Sales and the Customer Base to resolve past due issues as efficiently as possible while maintaining high level customer service.
• The duties of a Collections Analyst include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal orientated collections department.
• Providing customer service regarding collection issues. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts-Customer calls, account adjustments, and customer reconciliations.
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
• Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customer base and coworkers.
• Maintain a working relationship with 3rd party collection companies and actively submit uncollectable accounts on 3rd party review as requested by management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
• 3-5 years customer service center experience required
• Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
• Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
• Strong attention to detail, goal oriented required
• Experience with Great Plains
• Commitment to excellent customer service
• Exceptional communication skills and customer service experience, including ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of employees internal and external to the company
• Work well independently and within a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to maintain a high volume of collections calls and account processing
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The position is an hourly, non-exempt position.